*NEWS*KONICA/MINOLTA EXTREME PRINTING !/2004-09-10
*NEWS*KONICA/MINOLTA EXTREME PRINTING !/2004-09-10
2013-06-22 at 10:11:42 am #2083
KONICA MINOLTA Takes Printing to the Extreme with its Fastest Color Laser Printer Under $ 1000.00
At 21 Pages per minute (letter) in both color and black & white, the new magicolor(R) 5430 DL is the fastest magicolor laser printer under $1,000.
– For the small and mid-size business sector, the magicolor 5430 DL is a welcome addition, offering high productivity without the premium often associated with this class of performance.
– The magicolor 5430 DL prints up to 2400 x 600 dpi resolution at full speed, delivering great prints fast.
– Ease of use is designed into every facet of the magicolor 5430 DL, from its intuitive software utilities and pre-installed supplies, to its no-hassle color control.
– For complete compatibility, the magicolor 5430 DL supports Windows(R) Server 2003, XP, 2000, NT4, Me, 98SE, as well as Macintosh(R) OSX. It also includes built-in 10/100BaseTX Ethernet(R) and hi-speed USB 2.0 interfaces for seamless connectivity.
Today KONICA MINOLTA PRINTING SOLUTIONS U.S.A., INC. introduced the fastest magicolor color laser printer under $1,000. Built on the latest in single-pass color laser technology, the magicolor 5430 DL produces 21 pages per minute in both black-&-white and full color for just $999 (est. street). Establishing a new price/performance standard in color laser printing, the magicolor 5430 DL presents the small and mid-size business (SMB) sector with a high-productivity, affordable printing solution.
"With the magicolor 5430 DL, there's no compromise between performance and price," said Stephen Fletcher, president and COO of KONICA MINOLTA PRINTING SOLUTIONS. "Instead, we've designed a product perfectly suited to the fast-growing SMB market. It has fast speed. It produces great color. It's very easy to use. What's missing from the magicolor 5430 DL is the premium price often associated with this caliber of product."
A welcome addition to the KONICA MINOLTA color laser family, the magicolor 5430 DL is positioned between the company's sub-$500, entry-level printers (for the price and space sensitive) and its high-productivity offerings. The printer's ground-breaking price and excellent speed make it a perfect mid-range offering that completes the KONICA MINOLTA color product line.
While its 21 page-per-minute print speed and sub-$1,000 price are stand-out features, there's much more to the magicolor 5430 DL that steers it to SMB companies. A reliable design, great print quality, standard networking, quiet operation, and versatile paper handling give this printer a user-friendly persona that mimics the typical black-&-white office printer. "With models in every price and performance category, any organization can add color printing to their office equipment roster," Fletcher commented.
The magicolor 5430 DL is compatible with Windows Server 2003, XP, 2000, NT4, Me, and 98SE operating systems, as well as Macintosh OSX (version 10.2 and above). The printer is equipped with both a 10/100BaseTX Ethernet network interface and hi-speed USB 2.0 interface for local connections.
The magicolor 5430 DL offers three resolution settings up to 2400 x 600 dpi. Used in conjunction with KONICA MINOLTA's polymer toner and automatic color matching calibration, the magicolor 5430 produces smooth halftones, crisp lines and text, and detailed color images. Unlike some competitive color printers, the magicolor 5430 DL prints its rated speed regardless of the quality selected. Users can expect the same great performance whether printing draft pages or at the highest quality mode.
The magicolor 5430 DL includes a 250-sheet multipurpose input cassette that supports up to 8.5" x 11" media. The cassette is conveniently located for front loading and features a gauge that, at a glance, indicates the amount of paper inside. The printer accepts up to two additional 500-sheet input cassettes, bringing the input capacity to 1,250 sheets maximum. The optional cassettes accommodate sizes up to legal (8.5" x 14") and install under the printer, maintaining the printer's original footprint. Adding optional cassettes is a plus for companies that frequently use more than one type of media (such as plain paper and letterhead) or use different sizes of paper. To handle the variety of printing the typical office performs, the magicolor 5430 DL supports several media types, including plain, recycled, and heavy paper (up to 110 lb. Index); transparencies; labels; glossy stock; and envelopes. For two-sided printing, an automatic duplexer is also available for the magicolor 5430 DL. This option alone can provide significant savings to an organization that performs heavy multiple-page printing.
From unpacking and installation to every day operation, the magicolor 5430 DL is designed to be easy to use. Some of the features that give it a friendly character include:
– All-in-one, intelligent toner cartridges combine the toner and OPC drum into one slide-in cartridge. For users, this means fewer supplies to store and replace. The intelligent cartridges also track page count and coverage data, providing accurate toner level reports and print statistics.
– Factory-installed supplies make initial printer set up a quick, frustration-free task.
– Auto-detect installation software automatically finds the printer on the network and steps users through the basic configuration options. Simply install the CD, select Printer Setup, and the auto-installation process takes over to locate the printer and install drivers and management tools.
– PageScope(TM) Web Connection (an embedded web page) and the desktop Status Monitor are two convenient methods of checking printer and supplies status and retrieving other real-time printer data. PageScope Web Connection also provides printer configuration and management from any browser. The printer's keypad offers a practical means of viewing the amount of toner remaining in each cartridge.
– eAIDC (enhanced Automatic Image Density Control) ensures color stability print after print, day after day and requires no interaction from the user. It tracks toner density and adjusts automatically to maintain consistent color.
The magicolor 5430 DL ships with a one-year exchange warranty and a set of supplies, including cyan, magenta, yellow, and black all-in-one toner cartridges; transfer belt, and waste toner box. The printer is available through KONICA MINOLTA's network of retail outlets, e-commerce partners, authorized dealers, and distributors
* Post was edited: 2004-09-10 10:34:00