• banner-01-26-17b
  • 536716a_green_sweep_web_banner_902x17712
  • ink-direct-banner-902-x-177-v-1-2-big-banner-03-23-2017
  • mse-big-banner-new-03-17-2016-416716a-tonernews-web-banner-mse-212
  • cartridgewebsite-com-big-banner-02-09-07-2016

Keith Harris Banned from World Expo

user 2005-09-09 at 2:36:00 pm Views: 54
    Dear Keith,

We have received far too many complaints from customers like the one below regarding the condoms on the floor at World Expo. I can’t begin to explain the damage to our reputation, credibility and respect this has caused for us with our customers, advertisers, exhibitors, readers and attendees.

Our team has been spending too many hours fielding the complaints, smoothing relations with customers and calming the outraged people. And “outraged” is not too strong a word for what we have seen and heard.

Recharger Magazine and World Expo management had no knowledge of your intended condom distribution, did not approve it, nor would we have in any circumstance. Your independent actions not only damaged our reputation, but ruined what should have been a memorable and festive event for all of us.

The World Expo booth reservation contract disallows and prohibits any distribution of any product, literature, or sales and marketing of any kind to take place outside of your rented booth space. This action was clearly in violation of the terms of exhibiting.

We feel so strongly about this, that we are considering banning you and your company from next years event. I have discussed the situation at great length with the staff, and we have determined that it would be appropriate for you to issue a letter of apology to the industry. The letter should indicate that you acted independently and with out any authorization. You should state thought of it as a practical joke and now realize the offensive nature and regret that your actions have caused undue harm to the Recharger and World Expo team and participants.

We would like for you to run this as a full page ad in the October issue of Recharger. Please make space reservation with Grant and let us know if you would like help on the content of the letter.

Keith, I hope you can understand our position and will cooperate fully.

Regards,

Phyllis

Good to hear, Phyllis. I’ll make sure to pass along to my customers that have expressed their disgust over the condom issue that the Recharger had absolutely nothing to do with that, to include your mutual disgust with what happened. Definitely a shame to have that one incident be such a focus of so many after what I feel was a very successful show.
    Thanks for all you do.

Jeff