CHINA:RAISES PRICES ON REMAN TONER & INK
CHINA:RAISES PRICES ON REMAN TONER & INK
2008-02-26 at 12:08:00 pm #21291
CHINA TO RAISE EXPORT PRICES ON REMANUFACTURED TONERS AND INKS ?
Although Prices of Printer Consumables Have Dipped in the Past Years, Most Suppliers Will Raise Their Export Prices in 2008 According to the Latest China Sourcing Report
DUBLIN, Ireland–Based on in-factory tours More than 80 percent of the world’s supply of compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges are China made. Despite facing legal issues in the US, the industry is moving full-steam ahead with majority of manufacturers expanding production by at least 20 percent.You can profit this booming market with your very own copy of this in-depth report.
China’s printer consumable industry has been greatly affected by the recent ink cartridge patent infringement case, also known as the “337 investigation”, filed by Seiko Epson Corp. The case was filed against 24 aftermarket ink cartridge suppliers in China, Germany, Hong Kong, South Korea and the US. The US International Trade Commission (ITC) has issued a General Exclusion Order, apart from a Limited Exclusion Order and a Cease and Desist Order, prohibiting the importation of all infringing ink cartridges.
As China supplies 80 percent of the global shipment of compatible and remanufactured ink cartridges, suppliers are now inclined to avoid the US market and concentrate instead on export markets without ongoing patent infringement investigations. Some makers are also shifting production to toner cartridges, which is a growing market due to the rising popularity of laser printers.Apart from the legal debacle, China suppliers face the challenges of keeping up in terms of innovation, obtaining their own patents and adapting to changing market dynamics.China’s supplier base currently stands at 150 makers. Although newcomers are continuously joining the line, severe competition has forced small-scale suppliers out. As the majority of China makers offer OEM service mainly for overseas customers, their focus in the coming years will be on exports of OBM products.
The following are some of the key trends in China’s printer consumables industry:
- In order to be more competitive, China suppliers realize they need to obtain their own patents to protect their intellectual property rights and avoid patent issues in international markets. However, very few suppliers are ready to do so.
- The wider availability of color toners and parts will allow China suppliers to start offering non-remanufactured color toner cartridges in the future. Currently, suppliers do not have the capability to produce non-remanufactured color toner cartridges.
- Production of compatible and remanufactured ink and toner cartridges for major printer brands will continue in 2008, with greater emphasis on toner cartridges.
- Remanufactured cartridges will be a key product development priority, in addition to increasing print yield, improving color tone and clarity. The capability to develop print heads, ink, IC designs and toner powder in-house will also be major product development goals.
- Although prices of printer consumables have dipped in the past years, most suppliers will raise their export prices in 2008.
Companies Mentioned: In-depth profiles
- Hueway Technology (Hong Kong) Co. Ltd
- Huiwei Corp
- K. Turbo Industry Co. Ltd
- Ninestar Image Co. Ltd
- Ourway Image Co. Ltd
- Shenzhen Inkbank Digital Consumable Co. Ltd
- Shenzhen Zhanming Technology Co. Ltd
- Sinobase Network Technology Ltd
- Uni-1 Technology Ltd
- Union Technology International (M.C.O.) Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Gree Magneto-Electric Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai National Resources & Jingjie Imaging
- Products Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Warmth Electronic Co. Ltd
- CN Manufacturing Ltd
- Dalian Strong & Shenzhen Strong Boto Tec Co. Ltd
- Donggang Fine Chemical Tech. Co. Ltd
- Ecasper Electronic HK Co. Ltd
- Foshan Hyson Offi ce Equipment Co. Ltd
- Hongsam Digital Color Co. Ltd
- Kingnote Digital (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd
- Lanyand Technology (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd
- Mito Color Imaging Co. Ltd
- Print-Pro (HK) Ltd
- Shenzhen E-Sky Technology Co. Ltd
- Shenzhen Leputai Technology Co. Ltd
- Shenzhen Microtec Technology Co. Ltd
- Shenzhen NXY Technology Co. Ltd
- Summit (Zhongshan) Enterprise Pte. Ltd
- Taip Technology Ltd
- Unitron Electronics Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai CTC Electronic Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai DOIT International Digital Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Great-toner Print Consumables Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Kediya Printer Consumables Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Mingjia Electronics Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Polytoner Image Co. Ltd
- Zhuhai Richeng Development Co. Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c84091