*NEWS*CANON RAISES 27,000EUROS FOR BRITISH RED CROSS
*NEWS*CANON RAISES 27,000EUROS FOR BRITISH RED CROSS
2008-04-09 at 1:09:11 pm #19693
Canon Raises £27,000 for British Red Cross
Canon PowerShot A460Canon has raised £27,205 for the British Red Cross from sales of the red Canon PowerShot A460 digital camera in selected Tesco stores. Selling over 5000 units, Canon donated £5 from the sale of each camera. The money raised will be spent on essential British Red Cross services in local communities in the UK.
Canon raises over £27,000 for British Red Cross through sales of red digital camera in Tesco
For every red Canon Digital PowerShot A460 sold in Tesco stores, Canon donated £5 to the British Red Cross
Canon announced today (4 April) that it has raised £27,205 for the British Red Cross from sales of the red Canon PowerShot A460 digital camera in selected Tesco stores. Selling over 5000 units, Canon donated £5 from the sale of stylish, user-friendly 5.0 megapixel cameras to the British Red Cross to fund essential services in the UK.
Canon, a world-leader in imaging and information technology solutions, lent its support to the British Red Cross Tesco Charity of the Year 2007 partnership to help raise £2million to fund crisis care in local neighbourhoods across the UK. All the money raised through the partnership will be locally spent on first aid training, emergency equipment and care in the home services.
The PowerShot A460 has direct print capabilities so can be connected to any PictBridge compatible printer to get lab quality photos in seconds – without the need for a PC.
The money raised will be spent on essential British Red Cross services in local communities in the UK, including –
o ‘Care in the Home’ services – Red Cross volunteers providing short-term care and support in the home for people after an accident or illness, giving them the confidence to continue their daily lives
o Life-changing emergency equipment – ranging from wheelchairs to ambulances, used to help people in crisis situations such as accidents, illness, fire and flood
o Life-saving skills – providing vulnerable people with essential first aid skills so they are better prepared to respond to emergencies in their communities
The British Red Cross has previously benefited from a partnership with Canon and linked up to great effect on three Canon celebrity photography competitions – The Other Side of the Lens (2003), The Other Side of Football (2005), The Other Side of Fashion (2006) and The We Speak Image Fashion Capsule Collection from leading British fashion designer Matthew Williamson (2007).
For more information, please visit http://www.redcross.org.uk/tesco
Tesco/British Red Cross partnership
• The British Red Cross was Tesco Charity of the Year for 2007
• The theme for the Tesco and British Red Cross Charity of the Year partnership was ‘Crisis Care in your Neighbourhood’
• Tesco and the British Red Cross have raised over £2m to help people in crisis in your neighbourhood
The British Red Cross
• The British Red Cross helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. We are part of a global voluntary network, responding to conflicts, natural disasters and individual emergencies. We enable vulnerable people in the UK and abroad to prepare for and withstand emergencies in their own communities. And when the crisis is over, we help them to recover and move on with their lives
• To find out more about the British Red Cross, or how to become a volunteer – go to http://www.redcross.org.uk
• The British Red Cross is Canon’s humanitarian charity partner and Canon will provide support for thirteen Red Cross societies across Europe, with a particular focus on new and existing Red Cross youth projects that support and educate young people to deal with the issues they face in today’s society. The funds donated by Canon as part of this European partnership will go to a broad range of local youth projects across Europe
• The fundamental principles of the Red Cross movement, which include humanity, unity and impartiality; and Canon’s corporate ethos Kyosei, living and working together for the common good, complement each other perfectly
• For more information on Canon products visit http://www.canon.co.uk/products_solutions
About Canon (UK) Limited
Canon is a world-leading innovator and provider of imaging and information technology solutions for the home and office environments.
Canon has a global philosophy of Kyosei – living and working together for the common good, which clearly demonstrates commitment to customers, staff and the environment shared by all.
Canon (UK) Ltd is the UK marketing and sales operation for global company based in Tokyo, Japan. In the UK Canon employs around 1,800 people in various locations including Ireland.
The main business focus for Canon (UK) Ltd is in two clearly defined market segments: Business Solutions covering both the office and professional printing environments (including: multifunctional printers, IT consultation, photocopiers, printers, large format printers, fax machines, document management hardware & software) and Consumer Imaging (input solutions: film and digital SLR cameras, digital still compact cameras, camcorders, binoculars, calculators and scanners; and output solutions: Inkjet and laser printers, faxes, desktop all-in-ones and multimedia projectors). Broadcast Division is an extension of our product portfolio covering the supply and servicing of professional lenses and their accessories to the Television Broadcasting environment.
Further information about Canon UK Ltd is available at: http://www.canon.co.uk