SAMSUNG LAUNCHES 26 PRINTING DEVICES
SAMSUNG LAUNCHES 26 PRINTING DEVICES
2008-05-09 at 10:28:44 pm #19531
Samsung Launches 26 Innovative Printing Devices And Solutions For Business For All Sizes
New offerings complete lineup to help any business boost efficiency and flexibility
Samsung targets top two market position
Samsung Electronics today showcased 26 latest innovative printing devices and solutions at the Samsung Printing InspirAsia Tour 2008. The company aims to more than double its revenue to become a top two brand in the regional laser printer market, by delivering increased efficiency and flexibility to help businesses of all sizes maximize their returns from investment.
“Samsung understands the challenges that businesses face in an increasingly competitive environment, and have developed a range of intelligent total printing solutions to meet business users’ most pressing needs. With the global printer market expected to reach US$132.7 billion in 2008, Samsung will continue to focus on the printer category as a key growth driver, particularly mid to high range color products,” said Mr. Sang-Jin Park, Regional CEO and President, Samsung Asia.
Samsung registered more than 80 per cent growth in 2007 as it successfully penetrated the corporate segment. Key customers come from a diverse range of industries across the region including the government, financial services, telecoms, retail, energy and automotive. 7-Eleven in Singapore and Thailand, Ministry of Education in Malaysia and Singapore, Vodafone and BP Service Stations in Australia are among its key customer wins last year.
To achieve its targets, the company will focus on expanding its market share in the corporate segment. It plans to increase its printer headcount with dedicated resources for B2B business, while strengthening corporate channel coverage by over 80 per cent. In addition, it will also invest in enhancing its service infrastructure by benchmarking market practices.
Samsung’s new printer offerings merge cutting-edge design with connectivity capabilities. Selected models offer easy wireless connectivity, removing unsightly wires and increasing mobility for small home offices. Many models also feature direct USB connectivity that enable direct scanning and printing via a USB stick.
Its range of solutions is developed both independently and with industry leaders such as Microsoft, IBM and EMC, and comprises document and device management solutions that ensure enhanced streamlined workflow and efficient printer performance.
Highlights of Samsung’s range of printing devices and solutions showcased at the Tour include:
Laser Beam Printer:
* ML-1640 and ML-2240 mono laser printers offer low-cost, high-speed and quiet printing for homes and small offices, with features including a ‘Toner Save’ function that saves 30 per cent of the toner used while ensuring excellent print quality. The models will be available in Singapore in end May 2008.
* ML-1630W is the world’s slimmest monochrome laser printer at only 12cm thick. It has classic high-gloss designer finish and incorporates wireless capability. Sapphire LED lights and intuitive touch-screen controls enhance the design and ease of use. The printer will be introduced in September 2008.
Laser Multifunction Printer:
* SCX-4300 is one of the smallest laser multifunction printers in its class, and incorporates an ‘I.D. Copy’ function that enables users to copy both sides of an ID card and print them on one page in a single operation. The printer will be introduced in Singapore in end May 2008.
* SCX-4500W is the perfect choice for a stylish, clutter-free home or small office, featuring wireless connectivity as well as a high-gloss, piano-black finish embedded with Sapphire LED lights. The printer will be introduced in Singapore in September 2008.
* SCX-4824FN and SCX-4828FN offer a combination of versatility, dependability and stylish design to meet the needs of a range of business users. The SCX-4828FN also comes with a duplex printing feature as a standard, instantly halving an office’s paper consumption with double-sided prints. The printers will be introduced in Singapore in September 2008.
Color Laser Printer:
* CLP-310 and CLP-315 series includes some of the world’s smallest and quietest colour laser printers that also incorporate wireless capability. It will be introduced in Singapore in end May 2008.
Color Laser Multifunction Printer:
* CLX-3175 series is the world’s smallest and quietest color multifunction printer. It has a direct USB interface that eliminates the need to use a computer to print or scan documents. The printer will be introduced in Singapore in end May 2008.
* CLX-6210 series for SMBs incorporates a host of efficiency enhancing features including a Duplex Automatic Document Feeder which enables the automatic printing and scanning of double-sided documents. It will be introduced in Singapore in end May 2008.
* MultiXpress 8380ND is a highly durable and cost-effective machine for businesses that frequently need to print in color. It offers a low cost per print, combined with durable printer parts and long-lasting toner cartridges. The printer will be introduced in Singapore in end July 2008.