MORE PROPAGANDA FROM HP !!!
MORE PROPAGANDA FROM HP !!!
2009-05-15 at 3:11:32 pm #22236
HP Finding Shows Remanufactured Cartridges Cost Two Times More (31%-emerging) Than Original HP Mono LaserJet Cartridges
Published on May , 2009 HP announced findings that show small and medium businesses (SMBs) in Asia Pacific who use remanufactured cartridges incur twice as much (31%) in total costs than if they were to use original HP monochrome LaserJet cartridges1.
The HP findings are based on the 1st Asia Pacific reliability comparison study conducted by independent tester Quality Logic Inc., the HP Toner Tool, and the print usage patterns of 2,500 existing high-usage SMB customers in Asia Pacific.The Asia Pacific reliability comparison study by Quality Logic Inc (QL Study) (commissioned by HP) showed that remanufactured toner cartridges tested had reliability and page quality issues. 1 in 4 of all remanufactured cartridges tested in the QL study exhibited reliability failures and almost 1 in 3 pages inspected were not acceptable for all uses2.
• The HP Toner Tool is a formulation which enables HP sales representatives to help customers to compare the total cost of printing between using original monochrome HP toner cartridges and remanufactured cartridges. Here, it leverages on the key findings from the QL Study and tool takes into account replacement cartridge costs, localized labor costs for diagnosing and fixing problems, support costs, paper costs for reprints as well as the actual print usage patterns of 2,500 existing high-usage SMB customers.
• From the HP Toner Tool, it is found that SMBs in Asia Pacific who use remanufactured cartridges are likely to incur twice as much in total costs than if they were to use original HP monochrome LaserJet cartridges.”Today’s announcement goes a long way in dispelling the myth that using remanufactured cartridges are cheaper after considering the total cost of printing, said Kliz Kittitat, marketing development manager, Supplies of Hewlett-Packard (Thailand). “In this economic climate when everything counts, SMBs who use remanufactured cartridges need to be aware that the savings from the initial purchase price are quickly eroded and they are likely to end up incurring twice as much cost (31%) through replacement cartridges, reprinted pages and time wasted by their staff.”
First-ever Asia Pacific toner reliability comparison reveals remanufactured toner cartridges have reliability and page quality issue. In the QL Study, Quality Logic Inc. tested the cartridge reliability and page quality distribution of HP LaserJet toner cartridges for the HP LaserJet 2300 and HP LaserJet 4350 printers, HP 10A (HP Q2610A) and HP 42A (HP Q5942A) compared these to three brands of the remanufactured toner cartridges.The results of the study show that HP LaserJet toner cartridges outperformed the tested remanufactured toner cartridges in both reliability and page quality tests.1
• Cartridge Reliability – 1 in 4 of all remanufactured cartridge tested in the study exhibition reliability failures2
- 9.7% were dead on arrival or failed prematurely2
- 15.3% had 50% or more pages of limited or no use2
• Page Quality Distribution – Almost 1 in 3 pages inspected were not acceptable for all uses2
- 25.3% were of limited use : not for external distribution2
- 3.8% were of limited use : not for distribution at all2
- <1% were unusable2
“SMBs who think they can achieve cost savings by choosing remanufactured cartridges are making a mistake by not factoring in the hidden costs from reprints, replacement cartridges and additional labor costs from having to diagnose and fix printing problems,” said, Dave Jollota, CEO of Quality Logic Inc.
HP LaserJet toner cartridges offer reduced environmental impact.
The HP findings also confirmed that Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges offer reduced environmental impact, incurring 84% less CO2 in reprinted pages or the equivalent of 37.7 liters of oil, compared to remanufactured cartridges, shedding light on the true environmental impact of remanufactured cartridges.1 This takes into consideration the additional reprinted pages and additional energy consumption in reprinting when using remanufactured cartridges.According to Gartner’s report3, “Often-overlooked shortcomings in disposal practices may prevent manufactured supplies from delivering the environmental benefits that some buyers expect.” The report also said “Remanufactured supplies are very unlikely to be disassembled into the different materials and recycled using the same process used by the technology providers, which have established recycling protocols.”More choice and value with HP Dual Packs and High Capacity LaserJet Cartridge offeringsFor SMB customers that print in high volumes and want to enjoy greater value and reduced printing costs, further cost savings can be achieved with HP Dual Pack LaserJet cartridges that offer up to10-15% cost savings over standard HP LaserJet Print Cartridges.