*NEWS*INKJET PRINTING CONFERENCE APRIL 04
*NEWS*INKJET PRINTING CONFERENCE APRIL 04
2004-04-05 at 10:17:00 am #6867
INK JET PRINTING CONFERENCE
APRIL 19-21 , 2004
Tradewinds Island Grand Resort
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Information Management Institute, Inc.
This unique annual Ink Jet Printing Conference is the only U.S. ink jet printing industry event devoted entirely to ink jet printing technologies, markets and applications. Ink jet printing continues to make technology advancements in product functionality, cost performance, print quality and color printing capabilities. As a result of these improvements, ink jet printing has become the leading digital printing technology with expansion into many new markets and applications. In addition to personal and office computer printing, applications such as display graphics, materials deposition, digital photography, digital printing presses, multifunction printers, textile printing, packaging printing and many other specialty printing and nonprinting applications are increasingly using ink jet technology as the printing technology of choice. Market opportunities for ink jet printing technology have never been better, albeit in a very competitive environment.
This conference program is designed to bring together the industry’s leading experts to provide a comprehensive assessment of the ink jet printing industry. The program will address the most recent innovations, trends and issues critical to continued adoption, growth and expansion of ink jet printing applications and markets. As ink jet printing continues to increase market share in numerous application sectors; this 13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference provides an unique opportunity for representatives from all segments of the printing industry to obtain information critical to their understanding of ink jet printing technology and market dynamics that are shaping the industry’s future.
BENEFITS OF CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
- Participate in the only 2004 U.S. conference program devoted solely to ink jet technology, applications and markets
- Explore the key issues important to your understanding of ink jet printing with your counterparts from all sectors of the ink jet printing industry
- Establish personal contacts with leading technologists, managers and innovators in the ink jet printing industry
- Gain knowledge on the latest ink and media developments and consumables market opportunities
- Learn from interactive sessions and informal discussions of technology trends, applications developments and other aspects of ink jet printing
- Obtain critical insights into technological, application and market developments critical to your company’s decisionmaking process relative to ink jet printing and its role in the overall printer marketplace
- Hear industry expert’s projections for ink jet printing’s opportunities in traditional and growth markets
- Have a complimentary table top display to inform the industry of your products and services
- Give a five minute presentation during the popular Suppliers’ Forum
Dr. Ross N. Mills, color=#0000ffface=Arial iTi
C. Thomas Ashley, color=#0000ffface=Arial Pivotal Resources USA
Neil Clymer, Gakushuin University
Mark Elsbernd, color=#0000ffface=Arial Hitachi Printing Solutions
Jim Farrell, color=#0000ffface=Arial Pall Corporation
Michael Flippin, color=#0000ffface=Arial Web Consulting NA
Dr. Gil Hawkins, Eastman Kodak
Dr. Alan L. Hudd, Xennia Technology
Larry Jamieson, color=#0000ffface=Arial Lyra Research
Si-Kyoung Kim, color=#0000ffface=Arial Samsung
John Lunsford, color=#0000ffface=Arial QualityLogic
Dr. Jonathan Muhl, color=#0000ffface=Arial Intexia Ltd.
Dr. Ratnakar R. Neurgaonkar, color=#0000ffface=Arial Rockwell Scientific Co. LLC
Akiyoshi Ohno, color=#0000ffface=Arial Konica Minolta
Jason Oliver, color=#0000ffface=Arial Jetrion
Stewart Partridge, color=#0000ffface=Arial Web Consulting
Thomas Poetz, color=#0000ffface=Arial 3P InkJet Textiles
Joseph Ryan, color=#0000ffface=Arial color=blueventis Group
Peter Walshe, color=#0000ffface=Arial SunJet
Dr. Ray A. Work, III, color=#0000ffface=Arial Work Associates, Inc.
13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference
April 19-21, 2004
Tradewinds Island Grand Resort
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Tentative Topic Coverage and Schedule
Monday, April 19, 2004 11:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m. Conference Registration 1:00 p.m. Opening Session – Ink Jet Printing Industry
Continues Its Growth
WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS
Alvin G. Keene, President, Information Management Institute, Inc., Carrabassett Valley, Maine
Dr. Ross N. Mills, President, imaging Technology international, Boulder, Colorado
DIRECTIONS IN INK JET TECHNOLOGY
C. Thomas Ashley, President, Pivotal Resources USA, Lexington, Kentucky
- Ink Jet Technology At The Cutting Edge
- New Printheads & Technologies
- New Applications & Products
- The Patent Scene
INK JET MARKET OPPORTUNITIES: SHIFTING TO NEW SEGMENTS & GEOGRAPHIES
Larry Jamieson, Director, Hard Copy Industry Advisory Service, Lyra Research, Newtonville, Massachusetts
- Multi-Function Printers (MFPs) Begin To Flex Their Muscle
- Digital Photo Printing As The New Standard
- Emerging Regions In China & Eastern Europe: What’s The Outlook?
TECHNOLOGY PLANNING AND COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS USING
INK JET PATENT STATISTICS
Neil Clymer, Researcher, Gakushuin University, Tokyo, Japan
- Finding The Nozzle In The Haystack: Stratagems For Search
- Regression Modeling
- Case 1: The Product Lifecycle Of Canon’s Ink Jet Printers
- Case 2: The 300 Most Highly Cited Ink Jet Patents In The World
U.S. WIDE FORMAT GRAPHICS INDUSTRY
Michael Flippin, Vice President, Web Consulting Inc., Boston, Massachusetts
- Where Ink Jet Fits & Succeeds
- Forecast Results & Market Trends: Printers & RIPs
- State & Health Of Signage & Screen Print Market
- Economics & The Role It Plays
- Economic Trend Analysis & Forecast For The Future
- Specialty Ink Jet Applications
INK JET PRINTING ON FABRICS: A SOLUTION FOR THE FUTURE?
Thomas Poetz, President, 3P InkJet Textiles AG, Germany
- Textile Market Segments & Digital Printing Status
- Limited Successes To Date – Why?
- Digital Production Street Needed
- What Is The Future?
- What Technologies Will Be Used?
- Market Segmentation Will Develop
- Print Center With Full Service
- Technology Penetration Forecasts for Next 5-10 Years
5:30 p.m. Reception Tuesday, April 20, 2004 7:00 a.m Continental Breakfast 8:00 a.m. Session 2 – Technology Developments
NEXT GENERATION CONTINUOUS INK JET TECHNOLOGY
Dr. Gil Hawkins, Distinguished Research Fellow & Laboratory Head, Eastman Kodak,
Rochester, New York
- Printhead Selection Criteria For Commercial IJ Printers
- Principles Of Operation Of A New Ejector Device
- Physics Of Droplet Formation
- Performance & Market Applications
KONICA MINOLTA IJ HEADS FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
Akiyoshi Ohno, General Manager, Inkjet Business Development Dept., Konica Minolta
Technology Center, Tokyo, Japan
- Konica-Minolta New Family Of Printheads Based On Well Established Technology
- Common Features
- Ink Path Materials Compatible With Oil, Solvent & UV Inks
- 512 Nozzles, 360 Native dpi
- Variety Of The Products
- Suitability For Wide Range Of Industrial Applications
- Future Developments: Gray Scale & More Nozzles
NEW PIEZO PRINTHEAD TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENTS
Mark Elsbernd, Vice President, Ink Jet Technology Division, Hitachi Printing
Solutions America, Inc., Simi Valley, California
- Advancements In Mathematical Simulations
- High Performance Printhead Designs
- New Fabrication Techniques
- Manufacturing & Process Improvements
- New Printhead Developments & Evaluation Tools
INK JET TECHNOLOGY IN DISPLAY INDUSTRIES
Si-Kyoung Kim, Assistant Manager, Core Technology Lab, Samsung SDI, Gyeonggi-Do, Korea
- Introduction & History
- Current Status Of OLED, LCD & PDP
- Our Ink Jet Technology
- Experimental Results
- Limits & Breakthroughs
- Prospects Of Ink Jet Technology – Requirements For Mass Production
- Business Prospects
SUNNY SIDE UP – A SHINING EXAMPLE OF INK JET
Dr. Alan L. Hudd, President & Chief Technical Officer, Xennia Technology Ltd., Royston, UK
- Application Of Ink Jet To Manufacture Of Solar Panels
- Technology, Process & Properties
- Potential Photovoltaic Applications
- Method To Displace Complex Mask & Etch Processes For Electronic Applications
- Technology Licensing Opportunities
12:00 Noon Luncheon 1:30 p.m. Session 3 – Consumables Drive The Markets
AN INTEREST IN INK JET INKS
Peter Walshe, Business Development Manager, SunJet, Bath, UK
- What Is The Purpose Of Ink?
- What Do “Conventional” Inks Do?
- How Does This Translate To Ink Jet?
- Is The Technology There?
- How Does This Affect The Business?
INK JET INKS AS PART OF GLOBAL PRINTING INK INDUSTRY
Stewart Partridge, Managing Director, Web Consulting Ltd., Abingdon, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Global Ink Market Profile: Offset, Flexo, Gravure, Screen & Digital
- Print Process Advantages & Limitations
- Growing Strategic Importance Of Ink Jet Inks
- Ink Jet Printer Hardware Market Trends & Implications For Ink Technology
- Ink Jet Market Sizing & Trends: Aqueous, Oil, Solvent, Phase Change & UV-Cure
- Manufacturer Strategies & Tactics For Growth
PRELUMETM TECHNOLOGY FOR BRIGHTER, WHITER INK JET GRAPHICS
Dr. Ray A. Work, III, President, Work Associates, Hockessin, Delaware
- What Is PrelumeTM?
- What Can It do For Graphics?
- How Is It Different From Traditional Whiteners & Brighteners?
- How Can It Be Incorporated In A Graphic Solution?
- What Kind Of Products Will Have It?
INK JET CARTRIDGE RELIABILITY: RELIABILITY COMPARATIVE METHODOLOGIES AND
ANALYSIS BETWEEN OEM’s AND REMANUFACTURERS
John Lunsford, Consumables Program Manager, QualityLogic, Inc., Moorpark, California
- Third Party Independence
- Intent: Hypothesis/Messaging
- Test Criteria & Methodology
- Out Of Box Analysis
- Print Quality
- Maintenance Through The Process
- Analysis, Reporting & PR
- Case Study Results
SUPPLIERS’ FORUM: 5-Minute Presentations Related To Technology, Capabilities, Services,
New Product Introductions, etc. The Suppliers’ Forum is open to all Conference Registrants
5:30 p.m. Reception Wednesday, April 21, 2004 7:00 a.m Continental Breakfast 8:00 a.m. Session 4 – Expanding The Ink Jet Universe
INK JET TEXTURING FOR SUPERIOR SURFACES
Dr. Jonathan Muhl, Managing Director, Intexia Ltd., Walkerburn, Scotland, UK
- What Is Ink Jet Texturing & How Do We Do It?
- What Is Surface Texturing & Why Do We Do It?
- Texturing Applications On Metals & Other Substrates
- Key Drivers For The Automotive Industries
- Rolling Solutions For Embossing
- Technological Challenges: Turning Snakes Into Ladders
- Roadmap For The Future
LABORATORY TO MARKET: DEVLOPMENT TOOLS TO AID IN THE COMMERCIALIZATION OF INK JET TECHNOLOGY
Dr. Ross N. Mills, President, imaging Technology international (iTi) Corporation, Boulder, Colorado
- Expanding Applications & Short Lead Times Drive Analytical Development Tools
- Effective Utilization Of Development Tools For
- Drop Generation & Jetting Properties & Analysis
- Ink & Fluid Deposition
- Ink & Fluid Interaction With Substrates
- Development Tools & Components For Printhead Evaluation, Fluid & Substrate Development, Production Monitoring, Image Analysis, Etc. – Printhead Manufacturers
- Independent Manufacturers & Integrators
HIGH PERFORMANCE PIEZOCERAMICS FOR JETTING AND MORE
Joseph Ryan, Advisor, Ventis Group, & Dr. Ratnakar R. Neurgaonkar, Manager, Device Chemistry, Rockwell Scientific Company, Thousand Oaks, California
- Rockwell Scientific Corp: Developing Advanced Piezoceramic Materials For 25 Years & Now They Are Available For Digital Printing System Applications
- High Performance Piezoceramic Materials Offer 30% Increase In Performance Over Currently Available Materials
- Piezo Printhead Designers Can Use Less Power Or Jet Bigger Drops
- Piezo-Powered, Highly Accurate Linear Motors For Printhead Scanning Improve Positional Accuracy & Reduce System Electronics Cost
- Piezo-Powered Pumps & Valves Improve Ink Delivery System Fluid Control With Smaller Size & Lower Maintenance Costs
- What Is Available & Who Will Benefit
INK JET FILTRATION – CURRENT PRACTICE AND TECHNOLOGIES
James Farrell, Senior Market Sales Manager, Pall Corporation, Lexington, Kentucky
- Ink Jet Filtration Processes: Filtration Media Technologies For Ink Jet; Why Filter Ink Jet Inks & Process Overview
- Ink Formulation Filtration: Key Objectives For Filtration; How To Select & Apply Correct Filter; Current Practice; Critical Issues & Key Considerations In Filter Selection
- Printer Based Filtration Applications
- Three Key Applications
- Office Printing: Application Drivers, Current Practice & Technologies, Key Considerations In Filtration Selection
- Digital Printing Applications: Typical Schematic, Filtration Philosophy, Current Practice & Technologies, Key Considerations In Filtration Selection
- Future Challenges: New Applications & Chemistries, Finer Dispersions, Economics Improvements; Increased Resolution & Technology Integration
DEVELOPMENT & BUSINESS MODELS FOR SUCCESSFUL INK JET APPLICATIONS
Jason Oliver, Director of Sales & Marketing of Integrated Solutions, Jetrion LLC, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Custom Ink Jet Systems For End Users
- Where Are The Opportunities?
- How Do You Find Them?
- How Do You Gather Requirements?
- What Does The Development Model Look Like?
- Custom Development Business Models
- Optimizing The Triad: Printhead, Ink & Substrate
- Flexible Business Models For The Customer
- Case Studies
12:00 Noon Luncheon & Adjournment
Download a PDF version of this program by
PRODUCT DEMONSTRATIONS – FREE DISPLAYS
Printer and other product demonstrations/displays by both conference speakers and registrants are encouraged. IMI will cooperate with all interested parties to provide appropriate space so products can be displayed and demonstrated during the conference breaks. There is no charge in addition to the conference registration fee to have a display table. Interested companies should contact Al Keene at IMI to ensure that proper arrangements are made for product displays and demonstrations.
The 13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference is being held at the Tradewinds Island Grand Resort located in St. Pete Beach, Florida. Hotel reservations are the responsibility of each meeting registrant. To receive the special meeting rate of $159 for single or double occupancy, you must identify yourself as a registrant to IMI’s 13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference. Early booking is advised as the reduced rate is guaranteed only until March 29, 2004. Phone the Group Reservations Department +1-800-808-9833 or to make hotel reservations.
The Tradewinds Island Grand Resort and Convention Center ( color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.tradewindsresort.com) is conveniently located on the island of St. Pete Beach on Florida’s west coast just 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport via Interstate 275 and 90 minutes from major Central Florida attractions in the Orlando area. The Tradewinds Island Grand spans 18 tropical acres along the white sandy beach of the Gulf of Mexico. Resort guest rooms are generously sized and are decorated in a Key West style – each room is equipped with a wet bar area (coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, toaster & place setting for four), CD player, iron/ironing board plus each bathroom is equipped with a telephone and hair dryer. The conference hotel room rate includes an amenities package covering unlimited local phone calls, in-room safes, fax sending/receiving, daily newspaper, self-parking and many recreational opportunities (see IMI web site for complete amenities list). Transportation to and from Tampa International Airport is available via SuperShuttle for approximately $20 one-way or $35 round-trip (Phone +1-800-571-4222 or +1-727-571-4222 for additional information).
The St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay area offers a wide array of activities ranging from exploring and enjoying the area’s many beaches to museums, theaters, aquariums, sporting events, restaurants, shopping and much more. Visit the following useful Area Web Sites to identify attractions, activities and events in the area.
City of St. Pete Beach color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.stpetebeach.org
St. Petersburg-Clearwater Chamber of Commerce color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.floridabeachs.com
City of St. Petersburg color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.stpete.org
Tampa Guide color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.tampaguide.com
Tampa Bay Guide color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.tampabay.com
The Tradewinds Island Grand Resort plus the St. Pete Beach area and the State of Forida ( color=#0000ff face=Arial http://www.flausa.com) provide an excellent opportunity to extend your visit into a memorable vacation experience. Dress for the 13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference will be casual.
The Tradewinds Island Grand Resort address is:
Tradewinds Island Grand Resort & Convention Center
5500 Gulf Boulevard
St. Pete Beach, Fl 33706
Reservations Phone: +1-800-808-9833
Information Management Institute
Information Management Institute, Inc. is a leading worldwide sponsor of conferences designed to assist the digital printing industry in understanding technology developments, markets and applications requirements. IMI conferences offer a unique opportunity for leading hardware, consumables, software and user companies representatives to network and develop a more comprehensive understanding of current as well as future developments in the digital printing industry. Since 1990, IMI has held over 225 programs and each year over 2,000 technical, marketing and management personnel from over 600 companies worldwide attend IMI programs.
IMI conference programs are designed to enable attendees to obtain the latest technical, market and application information while allowing time to network with other attendees in a time and cost efficient manner. Attendance at an IMI conference enables attendees to meet with the digital printing industry’s leading experts in a single location over a short period of time thus maximizing information transfer efficiency and minimizing travel and time expenses.
IMI is dedicated to satisfying the information needs of the digital printing industry and publishes an annual Digital Printing Industry Directory which provides information on over 500 hardware and supplies manufacturing companies plus over 100 consulting organizations in the digital printing industry.
Details on all of IMI’s activities can be found on our web site or by contacting us:
Information Management Institute, Inc.
1106 Valley Crossing
Carrabassett Valley, ME 04947
Email: color=#0000ff face=Arial firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.imiconf.com
Registration Fee: $1095 per registrant $995 for each additional registrant from same company when registered as a group
The registration fee includes attendance at all sessions, two continental breakfasts, two lunches, two receptions, coffee breaks and the conference reference binder.
Cancellations will receive a 100% refund if made 72 hours prior to the start of the program. Cancellations made less than 72 hours before the start of the conference will be subject to a $300 cancellation fee, but will receive a copy of the conference binder. Substitutions may be made at any time.
To register for the 13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference, submit the registration form with payment to Susan Meldrum, Conference Administrator, Information Management Institute, Inc., 1106 Valley Crossing, Carrabassett Valley, ME 04947 USA. You may reserve space by calling +1-207-235-2225, sending a fax to +1-207-235-2226 or by sending an email message to color=#0000ff face=Arial email@example.com
To register for the 13th Annual Ink Jet Printing Conference,
- submit the registration form now and follow with your payment by mail. Or …
- print the color=#0000ff face=Arial Mail-in Registration Form and mail or fax it to Susan Meldrum, Conference Administrator, Information Management Institute, Inc., 1106 Valley Crossing, Carrabassett Valley, ME 04947 USA – Fax: +1-207-235-2226.
- You may reserve space by calling +1-207-235-2225