2004-04-14 at 10:57:00 am #5186
Konica Minolta Launches Campaign for bizhub Brand Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. yesterday announced the launch of a national advertising campaign in support of its new bizhub brand — a groundbreaking brand that is set to raise the bar on business equipment. The campaign utilizes a highly integrated mix of media designed to communicate Konica Minolta’s new approach to business and its new bizhub brand, including national network and cable television, print advertising, direct mail, online initiatives and outdoor/stadium advertising to maximize impact and reach targeted audiences across the United States.
The campaign, created in conjunction with Glastonbury, Conn.-based Cronin and Company, Inc., plays off the unique bizhub brand name and highlights the strength of the bizhub product — the first network imaging system to be co-developed by Konica Minolta, who merged in October 2003 — to generate awareness and excitement among the office color marketplace.
Main components of the comprehensive campaign include:
- National network and cable television — two 30-second spots will air in rotation from April through October 2004 on CBS, ABC, CNN, CNN Headline News and ESPN. As part of its network television campaign, Konica Minolta will sponsor CBS Golf’s “Swingvision” for the program’s nationally televised tournaments.
- Business, vertical trade, IT and graphics print advertisements
- an awareness campaign to generate interest among industry decision makers regarding Konica Minolta’s bizhub brand
- Direct marketing — a multi-tiered direct mail program designed to make a one-to-one connection with key prospects across a broad range of vertical markets
- Digital and online initiatives — featuring a micro- site, will deliver a personal and interactive product learning experience in an informative and straightforward manner
- Outdoor and stadium advertising — billboards will be featured in select, prominent sports venues
The Konica Minolta advertising efforts will be supported by the “What If” global advertising campaign that is currently being run by its parent company Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc., and campaigns run by its sister companies, including Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A, Inc.
“The campaign uses everyday office situations to bring the innovative bizhub brand to life and capture the attention of the office market. By demonstrating how ‘bizhub’ places office professionals at the ‘Hub’ of their business through its document sharing, scanning, printing and finishing capabilities, the campaign clearly distinguishes Konica Minolta in the competitive MFP marketplace. It clearly elaborates what our products are designed to do in a truly memorable way,” said William H. Brewster, Jr., vice president, marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc