ARE HIGHTECH FIRMS DENYING ACCESS ..?

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums ARE HIGHTECH FIRMS DENYING ACCESS ..?

Date: Friday February 3, 2006 01:18:00 pm
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Are high tech firms denying access to their customers?
    Traditionally, reporters try not to complain about how hard their job is. There’s a couple of reasons for this. One, unless you’re a war correspondent, it isn’t really and two, there’s something wrong with talking about the process of reporting. It’s what you might call inside baseball and nobody much cares.
    Nevertheless, I can’t let this one go.
    I called two giant companies, IBM and Oracle, who will at the drop of a hat tell you about how their products are used by the biggest of the big enterprises.
    Fortune 500, that’s nothing, we have the Fortune 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, they proudly announce.
    Unfortunately, if you tell these same high tech companies that you want to talk to one of their giant customers about what they think of their products, suddenly, they’re hard to find.
    As I said I called IBM and explained my need. Big Blue who will call you if they have a new toner cartridge to announce was suddenly silent. No return phone call.
    I called Oracle. After a week of back and forth emails, Oracle has decided “not to participate.”
    My advice to IT is if you don’t already do it, be sure and ask for references. And if you are not able to talk to them without a vendor support person hovering over the phone call, think twice before you commit to their product line.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.