*NEWS*A NETWORK OF CHICKENS WORKING 4 U ?

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News *NEWS*A NETWORK OF CHICKENS WORKING 4 U ?

Date: Sunday January 30, 2005 10:00:00 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    Do You Have a Network of Chickens Working for You?

As the competitive environment for selling business products grows more intense, it may be beneficial for a salesperson to look at networking opportunities to increase business. Referrals from associates, contemporaries or friends of a potential customer can often make the big difference between working hard and working smart. It¹s not always what you know, but rather, WHO you know.

While many salespeople often utilize aggressive sales techniques, whether by phone or in-person, the resulting growth comes at a tremendous cost in terms of time and energy wasted. We found that typically, it took upwards of six in-person sales calls to make enough of an impression on a prospect to generate business. And, this is probably as a backup source.

Below is a list of typical buyer responses after each sales pitch over a period of months. While this example may only be representative, it’s certainly not unheard of.

ONE first call “Thank you for coming in. It’s been nice to meet you. I¹m very happy with good ol¹ George who¹s been taking care of me for years and years. Have a good day!”

TWO second call “I didn¹t expect to see you again. Most salespeople never come back. I¹m still very happy with good ol¹ George, but thanks anyway. Have a nice day!”

THREE third call “Well, you certainly are persistent but in a good way. I’m still happy with good ol¹ George, but one of these days, I may just try and see what you can do for me. Thanks for coming in.”

FOUR fourth call “Persistence is definitely one of your character traits. I don’t have anything for you now but who knows, maybe next time. George is taking good care of me. Thanks for coming in. I can see why you¹re a very successful salesperson.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.