*NEWS*PINK SHEEPISH OVER ANIMAL CRUELTY

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News *NEWS*PINK SHEEPISH OVER ANIMAL CRUELTY

Date: Wednesday January 17, 2007 09:04:00 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Pink sheepish over animal cruelty
    US pop star Pink has backed away from a campaign to boycott Australian wool organised by pressure group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
    The singer angered Australian farmers in December when branded the practice of sheep “mulesing” as “sadistic”.She made the comments about the practice – cutting slices of flesh from lambs’ rumps to prevent maggot infestation – in a video for Peta.But Pink has admitted on Australian TV that she did not do enough research.

Lesson
    She received a letter from sheep farmers, advising her that they planned to phase out “mulesing” by 2010.Pink told Australia’s Nine Network television she had not been fully informed when she agreed to take part in the campaign.”I probably could have been a lot more researched, on my own. That’s the lesson I’m taking from this,” she said.”My message was, in my mind, boycott animal cruelty – not an entire industry, not Australia, obviously, because it’s my favourite country.”Then going back, I was speaking without thinking and I actually did say ban Australia. It’s not something that I can agree with.”I have nothing against farmers. I grew up in rural Pennsylvania. I don’t want to hurt anyone, I just want the animals to hurt less.”Pink, who is due to tour Australia in April, said she was prepared to meet farmers and wool industry representatives.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.