• 05 02 2016 429716a-cig-clearchoice-banner-902x177
  • 2toner1-2
  • ces_web_banner_toner_news_902x1776
  • cartridgewebsite-com-big-banner-02-09-07-2016
  • 4toner4
  • clover-depot-intl-us-ca-email-signature-05-10-2017-902x1772
  • mse-big-banner-new-03-17-2016-416716a-tonernews-web-banner-mse-212
  • Print
  • banner-01-26-17b
  • ncc-banner-902-x-177-june-2017


 user 2010-01-25 at 10:42:32 am Views: 53
  • #23259

    Businesses will be able to recycle their used printer cartridges and refill their inks and toners thanks to a new franchise launched by a former golf professional which has captured that niche of the market. Chris Marshall, who was previously the assistant pro at the Mid-Ocean Club, and manager Jarryd Dillas held the grand opening of the Bermuda branch of Cartridge World yesterday, with the company’s global CEO flying in to mark the event.And now they are hoping to help firms save money and do their bit for the environment through the use of the new service which covers just about every model of printer from HP, Dell and Lexmark to Brother, Canon and Xerox and between 100 to 150 different types of ink, as well as carrying out rigorous retesting work on the 30 test printers in store.

    Mr. Marshall, who also has a background in retail and inventory management, was introduced to the concept of Cartridge World by his father, who came across it on his travels in the US a year ago, tried it for himself and was thoroughly impressed with the results.

    Having done his own research into the company, Mr. Marshall went up to Boston the following month to check out some of the stores and along with Mr. Dillas attended training courses at the firm’s North American headquarters in Emeryville, California, learning all about the products and ink and toner manufacturing.They found a premises opposite the TCD in the summer and agreed to lease the space from landlords D&J Construction, opening the store in November, prior to the official launch this week.

    About 80 percent of the store’s trade comes from small businesses, re/insurance companies, law firms, doctors surgeries and even schools, while the other 20 percent is retail from walk-in business, mainly built up through advertising, cold-calling and by word of mouth.”We have given out products for people to try and we stand fully behind our products as far as the quality is concerned,” said Mr. Marshall.

    “The four things that Cartridge World consistently offers across all its stores is quality, environmentally-friendly, cost savings for businesses and individuals and top customer service.”

    Mr. Dillas, who worked together with Mr. Marshall at the Mid-Ocean Club, said the real beauty of the business was being able to provide customers with an alternative to just buying a new printer cartridge, ink or toner when their existing one can be repaired, refilled or the parts replaced.

    Having graduated from the University of Rhode Island in May 2009, he was keen to get involved with a new business from the start at a ground level and play a his part of its development and expansion.”People are a little hesitant to use it initially, but there a lot of technology and research has gone into what the business does,” he said.”It is an interesting concept and it is the way people are going with technology, as well as being good to go green.”Customers can order or bring in their cartridges, inks or toners to be repaired or refilled and will receive a replacement if it is in stock, while the original part is serviced, so there is no waiting time involved. Typically inks can be refilled four to six times and toners eight to 10 times.

    Bermuda is the 62nd and latest country where Cartridge World has set up, with 1,800 stores worldwide, including 850 in the US alone, and the store, which is the company’s sole distributor on the Island, employs three staff.The company, which started in Australia 20 years ago, also sends out regular product and market updates to its various branches and send out technicians into the field to make sure everything is kept up to standard.The store is open from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.