EX SHERIFF PLEADS FOR LENIENCY FOR INK THEFT ( LIVE VIDEO )

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums EX SHERIFF PLEADS FOR LENIENCY FOR INK THEFT ( LIVE VIDEO )

Date: Monday September 12, 2011 08:59:48 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

EX SHERIFF PLEADS FOR LENIENCY FOR INK CARTRIDGE THEFT 
    ( click on this link
    http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/former-santa-fe-co.-sheriff-sentenced
     for LIVE VIDEO )
    Ex-Santa Fe sheriff sentenced for fraud ,Going to jail for 3 months
    SANTA FE, NM – The man who once led the the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department is heading to jail for three months.

A Santa Fe judge handed down that sentence to Greg Solano Friday afternoon.

The former sheriff stole nearly $75,000 worth of county property including body armor and printer cartridges and sold them online on eBay.

Solano admitted to the crimes in November shortly after he learned New Mexico State Police were investigating him, and he resigned shortly afterward.

Before the sentence was handed down on Friday, Solano’s family asked for leniency from the judge, saying he is an honorable man who could better serve the community outside of prison.  They painted him as a man who made a mistake that haunts him daily.

Solano blamed his mistake on a tough economy and financial hardship but insisted he does not have a gambling problem as prosecutors claimed.  The state says many people are suffering but don’t go out and steal to make ends meet.

Solano wept as he asked the judge for leniency.

"There are people I have never even met that I owe apologies to. I will be apologizing for the rest of my life since I don’t know what else to do," Solano told the judge.

After serving three months in jail, Solano will be on house arrest and monitored by an electronic device for nine months. He’ll also be on probation for four years and isn’t allowed to gamble.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.