CARTRIDGE WORLD CEO RESIGNS

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums CARTRIDGE WORLD CEO RESIGNS

Date: Monday March 24, 2008 01:37:35 pm
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Cartridge World CEO resigns
    Burt Yarkin resigned  as Chief Executive Officer at Cartridge World, which franchises companies for the remanufacture of inkjet and toner cartridges.Yarkin had been CEO of Cartridge World since January, 2003. He elected to pursue other options, according to a company spokesman, and a replacement has not yet been named.  Peter Hasko, executive chairman of Cartridge World and acting CEO said “I’ve been the chairman of the company since last August when we invested in the business, and until we find a replacement for Burt, I’ve taken on the executive role, so I’m the president or acting CEO or executive chairman or whatever you want to call it. To the master franchisees, I’ve communicated I’m just going to be an executive chairman until we find a new CEO.”  Cartridge World started a search for a CEO through the San Francisco branch of a global head-hunting firm and Hasko said it would likely take three to six months to find another CEO.

Yarkin previously spent five years as director of franchising at Gymboree, a specialty-brand company, before taking over as CEO of Cartridge World North America in 2003. “I enjoyed my time building that brand,” Yarkin said of his time at Cartridge World, but was unwilling to comment further at this time.Yarkin oversaw a rapid expansion of franchisees during his time at the helm. In the USA, Cartridge World has 700 franchise stores. In addition, the company has expanded into the countries of India, China, the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Caribbean and recently, South America. “We are now, I think, in 61 countries and we have over 1,700 outlets,” Hasko said. “We have had very rapid growth and I think we are putting in stores in another couple of countries in the next few days. All that is progressing forward and master franchisees around the world keep opening news stores. It’s all progressing. A lot of our franchisees are reporting that they have had record months in December and January, so business is going well. We are looking at continued rapid growth both in the U.S. and overseas.Cartridge World moved its headquarters from Australia, where it was established in 1997, to Emeryville, California, in 2006.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.