Epson Unveils New Line of Metallic Printer Paper

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News Epson Unveils New Line of Metallic Printer Paper

Date: Tuesday March 18, 2014 10:39:15 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Epson Unveils New Line of Metallic Printer Paper
    Epson unveils a new line of metallic printer paper at WPPI 2014 in Las Vegas

Later this month Epson will release its’ new Metallic line of medium format printer paper. The metallic paper is designed for wedding photographers, portrait studios, event photographers, and creatives. Epson's new line of metallic papers is perfect for anyone who is looking for a true high end paper. Epson debuted the product at this years 2014 WPPI Trade Show & Conference in Las Vegas, NV and it was stunning!

The papers, Metallic Photo Paper Luster and Metallic Photo Paper Glossy, are designed according to Epson “with an incredible DMAX and rich color gamut, and an E surface that provides extreme depth and sharpness.”

I spoke with Jeffery Smith, Products Manager of Epson Professional Imaging. Smith showed me a photograph of a motorcycle racer printed on Metallic Photo Paper Luster and the results were impressive, sharp and 3D like. The quality and depth of the photo was amazing! Most of the images I reviewed on the metallic papers appeared to jump off the page. If Epson’s goal was create a product that that literally “Jumped off the page” mission accomplished!

Epson took great care in developing their new line of Metallic papers. According to Smith, Epson went out to its’ existing fine art studios, wedding photographers, and creative customers and asked them what was important in the design of a metallic paper they use. Epson then developed a prototype from the feedback. They then when back to those same customers again for a second round of feedback and made further changes from there. Smith also mentioned that the design and production process took about 3 years. And that Epson benchmarked the paper against their competitors for quality and accuracy.

If you print your own medium format images and want to deliver a product to your client that is truly “eye popping,” you owe it to yourself to take a look at Epson's new line of Metallic papers. As a former magazine publisher, editor, and now Pro Photographer, I have reviewed countless numbers of prints and images. The quality of the Epson’s new metallic papers is the perfect spark for the imagining arena and will definitely make waves in the photographic community!

Epson will release more information about their Metallic Photo Paper Luster and Metallic Photo Glossy and custom ICC profiles after the launch later this month. Visit http://www.proimaging.epson.com for up to date information and paper specifications.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.