General Data Acquires Spectrum Computer Products

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News General Data Acquires Spectrum Computer Products

Date: Tuesday January 7, 2014 10:32:25 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

General Data Acquires Spectrum Computer Products
    Acquisition expands General Data’s printer service and supplies customer base in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana

Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) December 16, 2013 General Data Company, Inc., a leading manufacturer and provider of barcode identification, tracking, data management and equipment service products and solutions, has announced that it has acquired Spectrum Computer Products, Inc. of Mason, OH, a provider of business printers, supplies and service. Spectrum’s employees and business operations will become part of General Data’s Service Division, which provides comprehensive printer service, supplies and printer fleet management products and programs to businesses across the US. This transaction represents General Data’s second successful business acquisition in the last 6 months.

Spectrum Computer Products has been in business since 1974, providing printer supplies and service for businesses and organizations in southwestern Ohio, northern Kentucky and southeastern Indiana. With this acquisition, General Data will expand its customer base in the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana area, and will expand its service base to over 30,000 printers nationwide. In addition, General Data will add Xerox®, Brother®, and Lexmark® printers and supplies to its product line and become an authorized printer service provider for all three lines.

“I am proud of General Data’s track record of providing innovative products, programs and service to our customers, and Spectrum’s business philosophy and operations were a natural fit,” said Peter Wenzel, President and Chief Executive Officer of General Data. “We look forward to continuing Spectrum’s tradition of service excellence for its customers, as well as the opportunity to introduce our related products and expanded technologies that help organizations become more efficient, run smarter and reduce costs.”

“First and foremost, Spectrum has always been about serving our customers, and becoming part of General Data makes that commitment even stronger,” said Mike Holliday, President of Spectrum Computer Products. “It was important to me to leave Spectrum in the hands of a company such as General Data to continue my legacy. I am happy for Spectrum’s employees, and I’m excited to see how our customers can take advantage of everything General Data has to offer.”

Financial details have not been disclosed. Both companies are privately held.

About Spectrum Computer Products, Inc.
    Headquartered in Mason, OH, Spectrum Computer Products, Inc., (http://www.spectrumcomputer.biz/) provides printer service and supplies for businesses and organizations operating within southeastern Ohio, northern Kentucky, and southwestern Indiana tri-state area. Spectrum is an authorized HP®, Lexmark®, Xerox®, Brother® and Zebra® reseller, and service provider for Lexmark, Xerox, Brother and Zebra.

About General Data Company, Inc.
    Headquartered in Cincinnati OH, General Data Company Inc., (http://www.general-data.com) is a leading innovator and provider of labeling, identification, tracking, and printer service solutions. General Data’s products, services and solutions enable organizations to improve efficiencies, enhance productivity, cut costs and better serve their customers. General Data has sales and service locations throughout the US.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.