Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News Hold The Printer Ink, Please

Date: Tuesday April 23, 2013 06:34:23 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Hold The Printer Ink, Please

Written by Nancy Spencer   

In our Good Times publication, there is a section that highlights the prices of the everyday items we all use, like eggs, milk, bread, etc., for a certain year.

In 1958, for example, a house cost $30,000; the average income was $4,650; milk was $1.01 a gallon; and gas was 24 cents a gallon. Yes, 24 cents a gallon. You can’t even get a gum ball for that now.

We watch in amazement as the price jumps 30 and even more cents from the time we get to work until lunch. Then, sometimes, it even changes again that same day.

Someone needs to tell me what  in the world could happen to cause that.

Someone needs to tell me how the big gas companies can stand in front of the American people and announce their profits and not feel guilty because that money is made off the backs of the American people.

How much is enough? You hear where companies lose millions in a quarter and you think, wow, that’s a lot. But what you don’t realize is that is not really how much they lost. That’s how much less they made than the quarter before. Wah!

Since there seems no help in sight and those fat cats lining their pockets with my money, I’m going to do the only thing I know how to do. I’m going to make it funny. Because if I don’t, I might cry.

Here is an e-mail from my mom. Who else? It is someone who obviously has way too much time on their hands and access to a calculator.

I don’t know where it originated. By the time you get to the end, you won’t either. Gas prices will still be sky high and someone else will be making money every time you fill up.

So buck up ’lil campers and check into that moped, scooter, bicycle, motorcycle or whatever you have kicked around driving to combat the high price of gas.

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 —  $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 — $9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 — $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 — $10 per gallon

Brake fluid 12 oz $3.15 — $33.60 per gallon

Vick’s Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 — $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 — $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 — $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 — $84.48 per gallon

And — this is the REAL KICKER …

Evian water 9 oz $1.49 — $21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers don’t even know the source. (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink. Someone calculated the cost of the ink at — you won’t believe it but it is true — $5,200 a gal.

So the next time you’re at the pump, be glad your car doesn’t run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or, God forbid, printer ink!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.