I .A. :Bank attorneys blame copier for ‘high risk’ error"

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News I .A. :Bank attorneys blame copier for ‘high risk’ error"

Date: Thursday May 17, 2012 07:32:37 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Copier Gone Bad
    A few weeks ago I came across an article on the web that was titled "TD Bank attorneys blame copier for ‘high risk’ error".

I thought I’d give it a read because after 33 years selling copiers,  and I’ve never seen a copier make a mistake, or not until I read this article.

Anyway seems TD Bank was being sued by a group of investors because TD Bank had loaned money to some dude in Texas that had perpetrated a Ponzi scheme.  One of the key pieces of evidence was a Bank form called a Customer Due Diligence Form or CDD.  This form would have been generated when the dude from Texas started banking with TD.

During the trial TD Bank had produced a form that had a black bar across the top of the page. The form with the black bar was used to question the witnesses in the case.  After the trial had concluded the attorney for the investors noticed that the same Customer Due Diligence Form had been used in another case, however that form was in color and there was a bright red bar across the top of the page and the words "High Risk" in white (knockout) letters.  The investors attorney wanted TD Bank to be penalized for the error. 

However TD Bank argued that the error was not material to the outcome of the case because the words "High Risk" was used in other parts of the CDD form.

TD also stated “The printing and copying process inadvertently blackened all of the words in all of the colored headers of the CDD, including not only the words "high risk," but also the other words in those headers. We sincerely regret this copying error,”  I’m claiming BS!

WTF?  If you copy the form and there is a black bar with white letters you will get a black bar with white letters, if there is a red bar with white letters you could get either a gray bar and white letters.  There is no way a a copier would copy the black bar and fill in the white letters with black toner!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.