*NEWS*CANON

Date: Sunday June 23, 2013 10:05:54 pm
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive
    Canon Japan Announces imageRUNNER iR105i and iR8570N

Canon Has introduced to the Japanese market two new high-speed networked Multifunctional office systems incorporating the company's new iR Controller: the imageRUNNER iR105i and iR8570N.

The new Canon imageRUNNER iR105i and iR8570N networked multifunctional office systems, replacing the iR105 and iR8500 released in 2001, incorporate a range of feature enhancements to offer productivity, image quality, and durability to satisfy the demands of the POD (print-on-demand) market. Designed for use in the quick-print and copy sectors, government/public offices, and large companies with dedicated internal reprographic facilities, the iR105i and iR8570N employ Canon's New iR Controller, which enables high-speed, high-precision processing of image data, as well as the simultaneous processing of various functions for efficient multifunction performance. Moreover, Canon's newly-developed LIPS LX page description language enables high- speed image processing irrespective of the output data or network environment.

Canon's iR105i and iR8570N offer combinations of copying, printing, and scanning functions, and enable document transmission via networks. Catering to the needs of full time reprographic operators who require an efficient interface design, the systems feature a simple operation screen layout and further increase usability with such features as the Quick Screen, enabling complex copy settings and advanced operations to be performed in minimal time.

The models also incorporate Canon's proprietary Java-based Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform (MEAP), permitting users to flexibly tailor their system functions to specific industry or business needs by installing dedicated MEAP applications. The platform allows users to add new functions, such as document-output tallying and regulating, and advanced network security features. Also, because MEAP applications are based on Java standards, third-party developers can use the MEAP Software Development Kit (sold separately) to design customized application software.

Canon's new imageRUNNER iR105i and iR8570N systems achieve 2,400 (equivalent) x 600 dpi image resolution when printing and document output speeds of 105 and 85 standard A-4 pages per minute, respectively. The duo also incorporates Canon's proprietary "A-Si" amorphous silicon drum, which, in addition to ensuring high image quality, realizes durability to withstand the rigors of high-speed volume printing.

Other advanced features include Canon's Universal Send network transmission technology (optional for iR8570), which enables documents up to A3 size to be scanned and sent directly via e-mail as TIFF or PDF files, or by Internet fax, all in one operation. Scanned documents can also be saved directly to a local or networked file server, or to a corporate database. Thorough security features also protect against such network threats as virus contamination and misuse of information assets.

Canon's new multifunctional systems offer POD professionals a full lineup of optional finishing accessories to suit their business needs, including booklet trimmers, document insertion units, and large- volume side paper decks.

The new Canon imageRUNNER iR105i and iR8570N will be available in Japan from November 9 priced at ¥7.0 million and ¥4.0 million, respectively. Canon has set combined initial production at 2,000 units per month.

* Post was edited: 2004-10-06 10:20:00

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.