Office Depot, Inc. Names Mark Cosby President, North America

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News Office Depot, Inc. Names Mark Cosby President, North America

Date: Tuesday July 22, 2014 10:49:25 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Office Depot, Inc. Names Mark Cosby President, North America

BOCA RATON, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Office Depot, Inc. (ODP), a leading global provider of office products, services and solutions formed by the merger of Office Depot and OfficeMax, today announced the appointment of Mark Cosby as president, North America. Cosby will be a member of Office Depot’s Executive Committee and Leadership Team and report to Roland Smith, chairman and CEO of Office Depot, Inc. Cosby’s role includes oversight of the company’s retail, contract sales, e-commerce, merchandising, marketing, real estate and supply chain functions in North America.

“I am very pleased to welcome Mark Cosby to our team,” said Smith. “Mark brings three decades of significant leadership experience at large and complex retail operations, including serving as president of three leading retail chains. I believe Mark’s leadership style, skills and experience will enable him to quickly make a positive impact on our business.”

Cosby joins Office Depot, Inc. following a successful 30 year career at a number of leading retail chains. Most recently, he was president, pharmacy at CVS Caremark Corporation, where he was responsible for all aspects of the $65 billion retail business, including 7,600 retail stores, 19 distribution centers, retail merchandising, supply chain, marketing, real estate and store pharmacy operations. During Cosby’s time with CVS, retail revenue grew 10 percent, retail profits increased by 27 percent and share price more than doubled. Prior to CVS, Cosby spent five years at Macy’s, Inc., where he served in a number of executive roles, including president, Stores. Previously, Cosby served as president, Full-line Stores at Sears, Roebuck & Company and chief operating officer and chief development officer at YUM! Brands, Inc.

“I am excited to join Office Depot as the newly-merged company is defining its path for the future,” said Cosby. “I look forward to partnering with my new team to continue the excellent progress on the integration and transforming our business to drive shareholder value.”

Cosby, 55, earned both a Bachelor of Business Administration and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/office-depot-inc-names-mark-cosby-president-north-america-2014-07-21/RenderImage?guid=9efc4a563d204616aaa8e938ab52fafc&imageID=201

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.