Paralyzed Boy Spends life on Wooden Table Under Mosquito Net

Toner News Mobile Forums Paralyzed Boy Spends life on Wooden Table Under Mosquito Net

Date: Tuesday November 26, 2013 09:49:56 am
  • This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Paralyzed Boy Spends life on Wooden Table Under Mosquito Net
    We Should all be United in Healing the Young any way we can Anywhere Around the World

By Jim Ladd @ Tonernews.com

Although the Tonernews trade show was postponed last October, something way more important than toner or ink came out of it, thanks to this postponement you all get to meet a little boy named "Lo" who could really use your help.

A boy Named "Lo", Chayangkun Toeichancha

After completing all my business obligations in Singapore and Thailand, I found myself in the company of Mr. Surachai, a businessman in Asia in the wholesale toner business. After spending a few days in his company in Bangkok, I was asked by Mr Surachai to go to the north-east region of Thailand to visit his new family and to get a little of the real Thai culture under my belt. It did not sound like the usual fun thing to do in Thailand but I reluctantly agreed to go up north with him anyway and am glad I did.

I met Mr. Surachai's family in the humble village of Phon Sawan, in the Northeast of Thailand and fell in love right away with its simple surroundings, the family was sweet and hospitable and after unloading our food supplies they decided to show me the neighborhood.  We then set off down many unnamed dirt roads in this village that sustains itself only on whatever rice they can harvest throughout the seasons. We then drove to a newly built Buddhist temple that is really a big wooden hut built near a small lake, where a single Buddhist monk resides and greets you with open arms.

A boy Named "Lo", Chayangkun Toeichancha

So far so good – we then leave this simple temple and head out to say hello to some of Mr. Surachai’s new family members not far away. We pull up to a house where we meet an over 100 year old grandmother, the matriarch of this new family of Mr. Surachai’s and right away something odd struck me about this house.  Everyone was gathering around the Centre of the house next to a big wooden table where people where singing to this table for what at the time seamed really odd, so I too approached this large wooden table and could not believe what I was seeing. It was a small 12 year old boy nicknamed  "Lo", (Chayangkun Toeichancha) struck with cerebral palsy laying there in the middle of the table almost motionless under a mosquito net. As I approached they lifted the mosquito net and I got to see this Lo smiling in his own way. It was very hard for me to find the words for this experience, as I could stop thinking about my own 8 year old son in my U.S. of A. who spends his days in perpetual motion running from sun up to sun down and now to see this paralyzed boy in this village left me deeply saddened, The contrast between my own son and this little boy "Lo" was overwhelming and suddenly the funny, outgoing foreigner was speechless from this Most humbling experience.

Lo's Mother: Ms. Khiankham Wongsrila,Jim Ladd from Tonernews,Mrs Surachai
    and "Lo" Chayangkun Toeichancha

Later that evening we all went to sleep rather early (8pm) since there is limited activities in this very remote village, I then found myself under my own large mosquito net trying to fall asleep. I could not stop thinking about this little boy with cerebral palsy whom I met a few hours earlier, laying there most of his life on that hard wooden table under his own mosquito net. And as the local wild roosters sang trough the night I decided to bring this story to life and to also try to make a difference this poor boy’s life and to make it better somehow, the video and the photos that you see were taken the next day for this story.

I am not asking anyone for money, not my style but a lot can be done here if you felt like helping. Please help me bring this story to anyone that you feel can make a difference to this little boy’s life – a Doctor, a Hospital or even a Celebrity that can make a difference in getting him medical help.

Yes, Thailand is far from the western world but we should all be united in healing the young any way we can anywhere in the world

Please grab the link from tonernews for this story:
      https://tonernews.com/forums/topic/websitecontent-10916/
    and Help me get it out there along with this youtube video any way you can
    so we can find him some medical help
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PWHLUTtVE&feature=youtu.be

Your help is greatly appreciated and if you need more information please contact me right away and Thank's again for reading this story.

JIM LADD
    ABS/ TONERNEWS.COM
    954-929-9590  U.S. & Int'l phone
    jim@tonernews.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.