Printer Repairman Locks Customer Inside Store–Twice

Toner News Mobile Forums Latest Industry News Printer Repairman Locks Customer Inside Store–Twice

Date: Tuesday July 10, 2012 08:25:16 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Printer Repairman Faces Charges for Locking Customer Inside Store–Twice
    TORRINGTON — The owner of Compatible Computers was arrested on late last week after reportedly locking a customer inside the store at 233 E. Main St. twice when he and the victim got into a verbal altercation over a $79 repair to a printer.Torrington Police arrested 57-year-old Kent Johnson and charged him with second-degree breach of peace and second-degree unlawful restraint following a reported 911 call that got disconnected.

The victim said she had dropped off her printer because it wasn’t working properly. After being a customer of Johnson’s for about two years, she said she was used to his uncanny style of business.“On Friday, I called Ken Johnson and he’s always very obnoxious, but that day, he was very much more,” she said in a phone conversation. “So he hung up on me and I went up there.”According to the victim, with a check in hand, she went to pick up her printer and pay for the repair, but Johnson “flew into a tizzy and told her to leave,” she said.

When the victim refused to leave the store without her printer, Johnson allegedly locked her in the store — not once, but on two separate occasions.The first time, Johnson left the store in his vehicle, the victim said. On the second occasion, Johnson went around the corner with her printer and later slammed it to the curb, she alleges.“Now my printer doesn’t work,” she said.Johnson was released on a $500 non-surety bond and is scheduled to appear in Bantam Superior Court on July 9.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.