Critics Slam U.S. I-ITC for Removing Chinese STMC Toner Credentials! (an overreach to “minimize Ninestar’s reputation”)

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Critics Slam U.S. I-ITC for Removing Chinese STMC Toner Credentials! (an overreach to “minimize Ninestar’s reputation”)

Date: Monday October 30, 2023 02:55:05 pm
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • jim
    Keymaster

Industry Reactions!
    A number of industry leaders, from China, India, Europe, Africa, Australia and Latin America, have independently contacted RT after hearing the latest news about the non-renewal of Ninestar’s STMC certification. Each expressed surprise and disbelief over the action.

“STMC is about technical standards, not politics,” said one person. Another added, “The STMC is being used as an instrument to fulfill the US Government’s policy actions. It’s all geopolitically motivated.”

Yet another reflected on the high standards that STMC has brought to the global industry and reflected “it is a dark day when STMC is used by one nation to attack another.”

“Yeah, everything is now based on politics,” said another. “You can hear the money talking,” said another.

The chatter on Chinese social media reflected support for Ninestar from its competitors. “What does STMC or any other certification have to do with this issue.” Yet other chats, respectfully said the I-ITC has every right to make the decision but it sends a very confusing message throughout the industry about what STMC is supposed to represent.

The I-ITC Board and the STMC Committee chair jointly stated they have the view that if Ninestar were to keep its STMC certification then it would facilitate enhanced sales of products identified by the United States as likely to be produced by slave labor.

One astute leader, not connected in any way with Ninestar, commented, “The I-ITC’s decision has no affect now in the US market because Ninestar’s products are no longer sold there. So, why was this action necessary?” This person added that it could only be seen as an intentional act of overreach to “minimize Ninestar’s technical capability and reputation in other world markets.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.