NEW PETITION: Stop Forced Labor in Printer & Printer Cartridge Manufacturing and Sales. (please sign)

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums NEW PETITION: Stop Forced Labor in Printer & Printer Cartridge Manufacturing and Sales. (please sign)

Date: Monday August 7, 2023 05:08:43 pm
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • toner
    Keymaster

Click photo below to go to Petition, please sign!
    https://www.change.org/p/stop-forced-labor-in-printer-printer-cartridge-manufacturing-and-sales?recruiter=554139233&recruited_by_id=e908d780-2dff-11e6-ae9e-33712dfdaa97&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=petition_dashboard&utm_medium=copylink
    As a concerned consumer (and lawyer), I am deeply troubled by the continued sale and purchase of printers and printer cartridges that are made by forced or slave laborers. This issue hits close to home for me, as I recently discovered that despite being banned for importation under the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act (UFPLA), these products are still readily available on various e-commerce websites and retail locations.

On June 9, the Department of Homeland Security took a significant step towards combating forced labor by adding Ninestar and its eight subsidiaries to the list of companies banned for importation under UFPLA. This act was aimed at curbing human rights abuses in regions like Xinjiang, China, where reports have exposed the use of forced labor in manufacturing facilities.

However, it is disheartening to learn that these products continue to be sold under different brand names without any repercussions. Ninestar is the third largest printer and printer cartridge manufacturer in the world, and trades under dozens of brand names.  By allowing such sales to persist, we inadvertently support an industry that profits from modern-day slavery.

Forced labor is an egregious violation of human rights. Workers subjected to these conditions face physical abuse, restricted movement, low wages or no pay at all, hazardous working environments, and other forms of exploitation. It is our moral obligation as consumers to ensure our purchases do not contribute to this injustice.
    Click photo below to go to Petition, please sign!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.