Do Epson OEM Ink Cartridges Evaporate ?

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Do Epson OEM Ink Cartridges Evaporate ?

Date: Tuesday July 3, 2012 08:41:21 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Do Epson OEM Ink Cartridges Evaporate ?

Ink cartridges can last years if you don’t print much, but they may evaporate
    Q Epson’s Workforce Pro 4015DN printer scooped a Buy it! award from Computeractive. I am 78 years old and print just one page a week, to keep the printer in working order. If I buy the 4015DN with ink cartridges that print around 1,000 pages, would this see me to the crematorium?

A The answer, of course, partly depends on when you’re planning your trip to the crematorium. That aside, the 4015DN’s lowest-yield black cartridge is capable of producing around 1,200 pages – so a simple sum suggests that printing one page per week means the ink supply should last for around 23 years.

However, we suspect that evaporation – no matter how limited – would mean that the inks diminish before that period is up. Quite how long before that happened is anyone’s guess but certainly, we know of people that have used inkjet printers for many years while relying on a single cartridge – so we think you’ll probably be okay.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.