Epson Philippines Partners With New Software Firm

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Epson Philippines Partners With New Software Firm

Date: Tuesday April 9, 2013 08:11:08 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Epson Philippines Partners With New Software Firm

Epson Philippines Corporation (EPC) partnered with Jimac, Inc., a Filipino-owned software firm, to enable hospitality businesses, such as restaurants and bars who use tablets for taking orders, to print receipts, tickets and coupons at the point of sale (POS), in the back office or even in the kitchen. Retail stores using mobile sale capture devices can likewise cut down long customer queue lines via EPC’s breakthrough point-of-sale (POS) system using Epson’s TM-i series printers.

They can print without a Personal Computer, directly from web applications without changing the printer settings and installing print drivers.

Epson’s TM-i printers also act as mini-servers, delivering a software interface to smartphones and tablets that allows multiple item selection for transactions and printing.

As no PCs, servers or drivers are necessary for the printer to operate, businesses can significantly reduce power consumption with less equipment online. For the past 20 years, Jimac, Inc. has developed POS solutions for Food Service (full-service restaurant management & fastfood); Retail (all-in-one web-based solutions & retail data management system); Healthcare (pharmacy POS) and Enterprise (small-medium enterprise solutions & centralized delivery system).

Now, the printer vendor and the local software firm are piloting a project: the Jimac TM-i Flex System at the Hainanese Delight restaurant, SM Baliuag branch to address the problem of complicated printing programs that require additional print servers when printing receipts from a web application.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.