Hp Launches New Envy 5530 Smartphone and Tablet Printer

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Hp Launches New Envy 5530 Smartphone and Tablet Printer

Date: Thursday September 19, 2013 09:25:37 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Hp Launches New  Envy 5530 Smartphone and Tablet Printer

By Nena Pena

The hp ENVY 5530 SMARTPHONE and TABLET PRINTER is one of the newest hp all in one printers. This printer is designed to print borderless lab-quality photos, creative projects, and documents using your smartphone, tablet, and PC or MAC.

When I unboxed the printer it was pretty simple to figure out but they do give you an easy 1-2-3 step guide to make it a simple pull out and plug in set up. After you install the ink cartridges and plug in, the hp ENVY 5530 goes straight to set up mode. One thing I noticed is that I had to press harder than normal on the touch screen (maybe I am used to my iPhone screen).

After picking the language it’s time to set up your wireless connection (or ethernet if you don’t have wireless). Don’t forget to have your wireless router password! The cool thing about set up after calibrating the ink is after you must place the calibrated print out on the scanner to scan and confirm it was calibrated accurately.

I then went to the HP website to download the drivers and register the hp EVNY 5530 printer on their site. Finally I added the printer under my printer set-up and suddenly I’m printing my test page.

First, I tried the printer and scanner feature for some documents for the Examiner (how is that for multi-tasking?). Everything worked like a charm, couldn’t be simpler.

Next I printed some high resolution photos from my PC on glossy and matte. They were very crisp in fact you could see every leaf and every tiny detail in the photos. I do have to admit the first round (and also first full color print job) had a few lines but after printing several more pages this went away.

As my testing journey continues with the hp ENVY 5530 I tried out the eprint app from my iPhone. Fortunately, since I have the dropbox app on my phone I used a high resolution photo (since the one’s on my iPhone are always shaky) at 10 feet from the printer and printed. Worked perfectly!

I also tested printing two sided, multiple photo’s at a time, and the scan to email features. After putting the hp ENVY 5530 printer through my rigorous testing I have come to the conclusion this is a great printer for photography students or first time photographers. It’s small, delivers high resolution quality photos and priced at only $129.99 on the hp website.

HP ENVY 5530 AIO Printer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.