Hp Vietnam Donates $30K To Hawaii University

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Hp Vietnam Donates $30K To Hawaii University

Date: Monday October 10, 2011 08:59:50 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Hp Vietnam Donates $30K To Hawaii University 
    Shidler College of Business receives $30,000 from Hewlett Packard Vietnam
    The Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawaii at Manoa received a $30,000 gift from the Imaging & Printing Group (IPG) at Hewlett Packard (HP) Vietnam. The gift will be used to fund scholarships for students participating in the Shidler College of Business’ Vietnam Executive MBA program.

HP Vietnam selected Shidler’s Vietnam Executive MBA program for its ability to provide a quality business education and executive training for business and government leaders in Vietnam.IPG HP Vietnam also donated a multifunctional printer to students of the Vietnam Executive MBA program. The high quality printer will enable students to scan, copy and fax via personal computer or through networking.

Mr. Nguyen Ba Quynh, general manager of IPG HP Vietnam said, “IPG HP remains committed to strengthening our effort to provide financial support for such a meaningful program as the University of Hawai‘i’s Executive MBA program in Vietnam. We hope that our contributions will help develop future Vietnamese leaders and management teams for Vietnam’s enterprises and corporations, and equip them with the knowledge and practical experiences needed to understand the changing global business environment.”

Dr. Vance Roley, dean of the Shidler College of Business said, “The Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawai‘i is proud of our role in educating the current and future business leaders in Vietnam. I am grateful to Hewlett-Packard Vietnam for extending their generous gift to the College. The gift will provide scholarships to meritorious students enrolled in our Executive MBA program in Vietnam.”

Vietnam Executive MBA Faculty Director Dr. Tung Bui added, “I am thankful to HP Vietnam for their support in our educational endeavors in Vietnam.” Bui has been instrumental in the growing success of the Vietnam Executive MBA program.

Recently, Bui received an honorable merit award from the Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training for his contributions to education. “I am honored to be recognized for my educational work in Vietnam. I would like to thank and share this tribute with all of my colleagues and students whom I had the opportunity to work with for over 17 years. It is with their help and trust that I was able to share my knowledge and realize my vision – that education is the best long-term solution to alleviate poverty and to ensure prosperity for Vietnam.” Bui is a professor of Information Technology Management at the Shidler College of Business and holds the Matson Navigation Company Chair of Global Business.

The UH Shidler College of Business’ Vietnam Executive MBA is the first program in Vietnam to be accredited by AACSB International. The program officially started in Hanoi in 2001 and was extended to Ho Chi Minh City in 2007. Over the last 10 years, the Vietnam Executive MBA program has successfully educated more than 300 Vietnamese managers and executives. Today, approximately 80 percent of the graduates hold top positions in corporations, large enterprises, and international and domestic organizations in Vietnam, and contributing to the growth of their economy.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.