INK’s DRY ON ELIZA’s WIN

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums INK’s DRY ON ELIZA’s WIN

Date: Wednesday September 13, 2006 12:00:00 pm
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Ink’s dry on Eliza’s win
    A WEST Norfolk student has won a top award after spending her work placement with a Lynn company.
    WEST NORFOLK UK:Eliza Cousins (21), of Walpole St Peter, is helping Lynn’s KPM Crusader make efficiencies in the re-manufacturing of ink-jet printer cartridges.She was crowned Norfolk’s Most Enterprising Student 2006 at a recent awards ceremony organised by the Shell Step Programme.Eliza, a student in economics and French at Durham University, was asked by KMP Crusader to look at manufacturing methods and cost savings. Her final report is due to go to the company at the end of this month.Judges at the ceremony, held in Norwich, heard that only ten per cent of the 65 million ink jet cartridges sold in the UK in 2003 were recycled.Eliza told the judging panel that analysts say each cartridge could be used seven times and the market in re-manufactured units was potentially huge.”I can’t believe I’ve won, it’s an amazing feeling. I really enjoyed my project and have got so much experience out of it,” she said.Eliza, who thanked Christine Fysh at KMP Crusader for her support, will now go through to the Eastern regional event where she will face winners from across the Eastern region.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.