Michigan: New Ink Shop Sets Positive Tone In Community

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Michigan: New Ink Shop Sets Positive Tone In Community

Date: Thursday July 26, 2012 09:15:02 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Michigan: New Ink Shop Sets Positive Tone In Community

BAY CITY, MI — When Phillip Johnson worked on the production end of providing wholesale printer products to consumers, Phillip Johnson noticed there was something lacking.Customers would be investing in products that were not always the highest quality, and personalized service was hard to come by, he said.Johnson eventually decided to step in and switch over to the retail side of things, and Ink Source Imaging Products was born."I personally saw the effect of lack of quality on customers, so we came in to fill that niche," Johnson said.

Ink Source Imaging Products, which opened its doors in April at 506 Salzburg, sells retail and wholesale printer ink, toner and cartridges. Johnson said he had conducted an online shipping operation for about a year before deciding to open a location for those who might want to purchase products in person or on a smaller scale.

Many of the wholesale cartridges offered at Ink Source are 30-40 percent cheaper than average retail, and Johnson said he and his employees strive to provide personal attention for everyone who comes in. He said the business offers several hard to find products and will do the legwork to track down products for customers if it isn’t carried.

Johnson said the Bay City area has been welcoming to his business thus far, and hopes to eventually become a community presence by doing quality business."I’ve been very satisfied with the reception we’ve received — I feel we fit in well with the area," Johnson said. "I’ve visited many businesses, and they’ve been glad to hear we’re here."

To Johnson, the most important aspect of owning a business is becoming active in the community and providing a solid moral platform consumers can feel comfortable with. As time goes on, Johnson hopes his actions and his business model will stick out to community members."We hope to establish a reputation of integrity that people can look to and trust," Johnson said.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.