Steve Jobs' Computer Vision Came From Xerox (Live video)

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums Steve Jobs' Computer Vision Came From Xerox (Live video)

Date: Wednesday October 12, 2011 10:27:00 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

Steve Jobs’ Computer Vision Came From Xerox (video)
    CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/steve-jobs-xerox-personal-computer/R3bQpERzuUG1Jp2UC3DY4Q.cspx

Rochester, N.Y. – Using a computer with a mouse is something we take for granted today.But back in 1979, Steve Jobs met with Xerox researchers for a secret research project – an office computer.

Xerox traded the demo of the Alto computer for 100,000 shares of Apple Stock.
    Steve Jobs said afterwards that what he got in trade prompted him to scrap much of his design for the Mac and start over.

The Alto computer wasn’t much to look at, but it featured a computer screen which hadn’t been seen before.

It also was the first to use a mouse to point to information on the computer screen.

The Alto was linked to 100 other computers by a system called the Ethernet.

What you saw on your screen was also what printed out on a laser printer.

"I thought it was the best thing I’d ever seen in my life," Steve Jobs said of the Alto. "Within 10 minutes it was obvious to me that all computers would work like this."

Retired Xerox Physicist Peter Crean said Jobs knew what to do with the technology that he and his colleagues developed.

"That was his genius and his discipline to drive for it and keep saying simpler, simpler, simpler." Crean added.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.