THE 'FATHER OF THE INKJET' IS NOW PRESIDENT OF EPSON !

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums THE 'FATHER OF THE INKJET' IS NOW PRESIDENT OF EPSON !

Date: Thursday May 1, 2008 02:29:00 pm
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

The ‘Father of the Inkjet’ to Assume Presidency of Seiko Epson
    http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20080501/151277/
    MAI, 2008,Seiko Epson Corp announced  that Managing Director Minoru Usui will be promoted to President of the company. The current president, Seiji Hanaoka, will assume the post of Chairman.Hanaoka says, “Mr Usui will have complete authority and I will be responsible for part of overseas operations.” According to Hanaoka, Usui, who will assume the presidency, is “the father of the Inkjet” and has been working for many years on the development of piezometric heads found in inkjet printers. The personnel proposal will be formally approved at the shareholders meeting scheduled on June 25 2008.

As part of the personnel change, the President will be replaced in the final year of the company’s three-year medium-range business plan. Hanaoka explains the reason for the replacement as follows. “When I assumed the presidency, our two major businesses, the finished product business and electronic the device business, ceased to function properly. However, things started to improve. We are in the middle of the medium-range business plan, but now is the time to create a new domain identity. Usui, who has no equal when it comes to products and technologies, will be the most appropriate person for our goal.Expressing his resolution, future President Usui, said, “We would like to focus on piezometric head technologies, projectors, crystal oscillators, organic ELs and high-precision processing technologies. Our products are slightly biased toward consumer products. We would like to further expand our business in the fields of business and industry. Seiko Epson has been growing on its unique technologies. It excels in technological development as well as in manufacturing. We will continue to grow on ‘unique technology and unique manufacturing’.”

Mr Usui, born April 22 1955, is 53 years old. After graduating from the University of Tokyo, Faculty of Engineering, he worked for a company related to ships for six months before joining Shinshu Seiki Co (now Seiko Epson Corp) in November 1979. He became Director in June 2002 and assumed the current post of Managing Director in October 2007. His motto is “Search for the Ultimate,” which refers to the pursuit of the ultimate technology.”Usui was approached by Hanaoka in March 2008 regarding the promotion to President. “It was a bolt out of the blue,” says Usui. “I am still 53. Part of me wanted to remain in the post of Chief Director of Production Technology Development a little longer,” he confessed.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.