The Perverted CEO of a Copier Company Did What???

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums The Perverted CEO of a Copier Company Did What???

Date: Tuesday April 1, 2014 10:28:44 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

The Perverted CEO of a Copier Company Did What???
    Copier company CEO  of Universal Business Solutions Inc., sexually abused 22-year-old staffer and taunted, ‘I can replace you anytime'

BY Daniel Beekman , Dareh Gregorian

Melanie Alvarado, 22, says in a Manhattan Federal Court filing that her boss, Abraham Thomas choked her, ripped her pants off and sexually assaulted her in the back of his chauffeured car.

In papers filed in Manhattan federal court, Melanie Alvarado, 22, says in one incident boss Abraham Thomas choked her, ripped her pants off and sexually assaulted her in the back of his chauffeured car.

He then ordered his driver to go by his mansion in southern New Jersey because he was mad she was resisting, the suit says.

Thomas “pointed to his large, opulent house and yelled to plaintiff, ‘You see this house?! You see the power I have?’” according to the court papers.

Alvarado, who never went back to work after the alleged March 2013 incident, is suing for unspecified damages.

She was “devastated by what happened to her,” said her lawyer, Derek Smith.

Thomas eventually had his driver drop Alvarado off at her Union City home — and tried to go in with her, the suit says, adding she fended him off and went to the cops.

Alvarado’s problems with Thomas started within weeks of going to work as a saleswoman for his copier company, Universal Business Solutions Inc., according to the court papers.

She says in her suit that she was required to go to a karaoke bar with Thomas and another employee he was sexually involved with — and he “slapped plaintiff’s buttocks” while they were there.

Alvarado told Thomas that kind of conduct was unacceptable, but he didn’t care — he repeatedly propositioned her, offering to pay her student loans, set up her in an apartment and give her other “incentives” if she slept with him, the suit says.

The filing says the office had a sexually charged atmosphere because Thomas would often go with clients to get “erotic” massages.

Thomas got physical with Alvarado again in January of last year, the suit says, when he grabbed her at a bar and tried to stick his tongue down her throat.

Alvarado pushed him away and told him he could “not do that” — but he again didn’t listen, the suit says.

That March, when she met him and another employee for Thomas’ birthday lunch at a downtown bar, he convinced her to go with them to get a massage, the suit says.

While she was in a massage room, he burst in, kissed and groped her, the filing says. When she rebuffed him, the suit says he angrily snapped, “I can replace you any time. Who do you think you are?”

Alvarado said she answered, “You can’t buy me. I’m not for sale.”

It was two nights after that that she thought she was getting a ride home from Thomas’ driver, only to be sexually accosted by their boss, the suit alleges.

Alvarado said Thomas’ conduct left her with “anxiety, depression and nightmares.” She’s seeking unspecified monetary damages, medical costs and lost wages.

Thomas was unavailable comment. His lawyer, Dominick Bratti, didn't immediately return requests for comment.

A criminal case against Thomas is pending.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.