UK: EPSON FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST D.C.I. OVER INK CARTRIDGES

Toner News Mobile Forums Toner News Main Forums UK: EPSON FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST D.C.I. OVER INK CARTRIDGES

Date: Wednesday April 20, 2011 08:16:36 am
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

UK: EPSON FILES LAWSUIT AGAINST D.C.I. OVER INK CARTRIDGES 

LONDON, United Kingdom – Seiko Epson Corporation  has today commenced High Court proceedings against Dynamic Cassette International Limited ("DCI") for infringement of several of its patents related to printer ink cartridge technology. DCI manufactures "own-brand" ink cartridges in the UK for a wide range of high street retailers and also sells under its own "Jet Tec" brand. Its infringing cartridges are sold in the UK and in many other countries.

Epson takes a proactive stance against infringements of this nature in order to protect its brand and technologies, and to support its channel partners and customers.

Robert Clark, Executive Director of Epson Europe, said: "We invest heavily in research and development to ensure that our customers receive the best possible imaging results from our products. Attempts to copy our technologies impact both on us as a brand and on our customers’ experiences. As a business we are committed to protecting our investments, and our resulting products and technologies, the world over"

About Epson
    Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.

Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises over 80,000 employees in 102 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.
    http://global.epson.com/

About Epson Europe
    Epson Europe B.V., based in Amsterdam, is the Group’s regional headquarters for Europe, Middle-East, Russia, and Africa. With a workforce of 2,400 employees, Epson Europe’s sales for fiscal year 2009 were 1,875 million Euros.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.